Sunday, July 31, 2011

Counting Seconds (Video)

It's not necessarily riveting, but here is a video which shows the tube counting from 0-9 and back again at 1Hz.



I am using a different tube than I intend to use in the future. Mostly that's because it came with a convenient solderable socket. Anyway, this was made possible by the use of a binary counter (SN74F163A) and a Quad-NAND gate (74F00) pulled from an old oscilloscope I tore down. Thanks to some help from a few people over at allaboutcircuits.com!

Sure, the wall outlet signal reduced to 1Hz from my previous post seems to work great, but the added "complication" of having to use a NAND gate with the counter I purchased makes this method a bit cumbersome. I will likely purchase or try to find another counter. Once I work this out, I will post updated schematics.

share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment